One Year Later

On June 13, 2009, Michelle and I entered into a marriage covenant between each other and God.

This is one decision that I will never regret. I can hardly believe that we have been married for one year. It has flown by, but I have enjoyed every single minute of it.

I'll admit it...I'm still on our honeymoon and I gladly rejoice in it! Tell me that this phase of life will end and I'll call that foolish. I believe people lose their "honeymoon feeling" because they stop working on their marriage.

My wife is worth fighting for when my time, my heart, my attention, my decisions and everything else gets tested by the world. Our marriage is worth fighting for just the same. (Note: Men...guard your marriage, your wife, and your heart from the world.)

I love my wife.

I love her more today than when I first understood that she was the one I was to marry. I know that sounds cliche and I have heard other people say it time and time again, but I understand it now. I cannot wait for our relationship to continue to grow in the years to come, Lord willing.

There she is...beaming with joy right before our wedding. Isn't she gorgeous? This is the woman I absolutely love. This is the woman who holds my heart.

Does it sound a bit too much for me to keep talking about my wife and how much I love and adore her? Absolutely not. I want you to know how I feel about her and how much I care about her.

As you probably already read, we are pregnant with our first child. We have already heard his or her heartbeat and he or she is about the size of an onion this coming week. We are extremely excited about this child and continue to pray for God's protection and provision for him or her.

There she is...pregnant and beautiful!

As I have stated in a previous post, "Now that I am going to be a daddy, I cannot wrap my head around Psalm 139:13-16. I mean, to talk about God knitting and forming a baby in the womb is one thing, but to actually see it in progress is completely different. I am truly amazed by the work of our great God!"

I am so very thankful for our marriage! I am thankful that the Lord has been providing for us so abundantly. We have truly seen God's faithfulness to us. Trust me, if you remain faithful to the Lord, His abundant grace and provisions will become apparent.

For us, He has provided everything right when we needed it. This reminds me of Matthew 6:25-33. Men, here's the key. Provide for your family, but above all, rely on the Lord and teach your family to trust Him. Remember that you will fail. But if you have taught your family to trust God in everything, their complete trust will not be rooted in man (you), but in God.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this summary from our first year of marriage. Michelle and I cannot wait see what all God has in store for us! We ask that you continue to pray for us as our child is due in November and as we continue to seek the Lord's guidance for the future.

Be encouraged!

(To leave a comment, scroll up and click on the number next to the word "Comments.")

2 comments:

Georgia mama said...

It blesses my heart so much to read this and I'm praying that God will continue to bless you, Michelle and Baby. I love you both!!!!

dad o said...

Kyle:

How thankful we are for what the Lord is doing in your lives and the sure promises you have from Him for your future.

From the sound of your blog, your "beginning" together is still "beginning" and that is the way it should be. Each of us have every reason to be "encouraged" every day if we walk before the Lord.

Mom and I are so proud of the two (three) of you. There is great joy in the lives of parents when they see their children seeking the Lord, and living their lives in obedience to what He shows them.

Christ alone is our only hope the only One worthy of our trust.

We love you

dad o